Are you constantly making eggs, but get disappointed when they don’t taste like the fantastic meals you’ve had at fancy brunch spots?
We get it – egg dishes are easy to make, but harder to perfect.
Thankfully, chefs from Eggslut, the sandwich chain that specialises in all things eggs, have shared their secrets with us.
This weekend and next, we will show you how to poach, scramble, flip and fry eggs like the pros, so that you can have the perfect brunch at home.
First up: scrambled eggs that will make your mouth water.
What you need
A knob of butter at room temperature
A pinch of chopped chives (optional)
A large non-stick pan
How to make scrambled eggs
How to make creamy scrambled eggs
- Start with a cold pan using the largest, non-stick pan you have.
- Crack your eggs straight in and throw in a nub of butter.
- Stir the eggs and butter together before turning on the heat.
- When the yolks and the whites of the eggs have created a uniform colour, it’s time to put your pan on the heat.
- Using a spatula to turn the eggs will not agitate the proteins, this creates a deliciously velvety texture.
- When mixing your eggs, scrape the bottom of the pan to fold your eggs over, almost as though you’re creating layers.
- Shaking the pan while mixing helps loosen the eggs.
- When the eggs are no longer loose and they start to stay together, they’re ready! Do not let the eggs become solid.
- Add a sprinkling of chives on top of your eggs and a pinch of salt.
- Take your eggs out of the pan so that they won’t continue to cook.
Good luck, egg lovers.
Check back tomorrow for your next challenge: flipping eggs.